Saturday, May 24, 2008

New Insight


If you know anything about me, you realize that I am kinda a perfectionist/ worrier/ crazy person as Marcel calls it. So I have always thought about my wedding day and had this wonderful picture in my head. Now following Courtney's wedding and seeing all the wedding planning first hand with April's wedding I realized all these things I thought were so important don't really matter. My wedding or anyones wedding is about bonding together two people forever, joining their love and families together. Who cares about what the center pieces look like, or how exactly the days goes off. As long as I am getting to marry my love and have all my friends and family there to celebrate my day will be great. The small things don't matter and it has given me new perspective.

Okay enough about weddings, they give me wedding fever. Marcel just finished his medical school applications. Crazy I know. I am so very proud of him! For those of you that didn't know he has a REALLY good chance of getting into his top 3 choice schools (Baylor in Houston-ranked # 13 in the nation, then UT Southwestern in Dallas, and UT Houston). He scored in the 93rd percentile on his MCAT he took last fall. He has great letter of recs and a pretty good resume! I am so proud of him for going full force to achieve his goal. I talk to him all the time how I don't think about him being a doctor because it is so far away, but it is quickly approaching. I always viewed Marcel as a smarty pants science guy, but soon he will be even closer to becoming a DR!!!!

In about 3 weeks we will be flying off to Lake Tahoe to celebrate my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. There will be a party with all their closest friends and some fun family stuff, like a boat trip around the Lake on a party barge...similar to boat party...and then dinner at the fancy restaurant at the top of the hotel. Plus this will be the first time I will be legal and I will be able to GAMBLE. My grandpa is very big into black jack, he does the tournament things and really wants me to learn how to play! Guess I better get to that! PS-back to weddings my Nanny-my grandmother lent her pearls she wore on her wedding day 50 years ago to Courtney on her wedding day! It was her borrowed and old! So special to share that with her! This is my Nanny and my brother on Mother's day!

Marcel's parents are on their way to Austin right now. We are going to a cousins wedding tomorrow in Kyle, TX. Maybe I will get more ideas! Well that is really all, I have been working some, man do I not miss working in the heat. Also I am so EXCITED about April's girls weekend coming up! Laura please call, we can get the food and drinks when you get her, Specs is super cheap! Love you ladies!

No comments: