Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's wedding season

I figured it was time for an update! Courtney gets married in 3 days!! I talked to her this morning and she is soooooo frazzled. It takes a lot to get this lady wound up, but o my goodness. She told me to never get married. She is so low key that she doesn't care about all the detailed stuff and people want all these detailed answers and she has none for them!

Last night we went to this sports bar place in Allen, my hometown. I now feel old, the waitress went to our high school and after I told her I forgot my wallet she told me not to worry about it. Hmm, I guess that is exciting, but whatever. Saw some old people we went to high school with other than the friends we were meeting there. Did you notice how I said people and not friends. Yeah, this meaning people that never spoke to me in high school, but now since they are townies they talk to anyone. HA, that's means sorry. But I must say it was quite amusing to see the old homecoming queen that I have issues with, long story, but all the boys couldn't quit talking about how she was in her prime in high school apparently. Ha, again sorry, that was mean.

I guess I am so used to you lovely ladies in Austin that I am simply not impressed by my small town "old friends." Marcel loves to see all his guy friends, but here in Dallas I really only look forward to seeing Courtney and my family!

Ok enough of that. Tonight I am headed to my dad's to make dinner for him for his birthday. Should be fun. Making an old family recipe potato pancakes, it's German and REALLY bad for you, but he hasn't had it since he was married to my mom so um about 18 years ago! WOW crazy.

Sorry this is random, but just letting my thoughts fall onto the page. I cut my hair really short in the back, looks the same in the front, but SUPER short in the back for summer....then I am gonna grow it out again. It was tough with short hair for the school year and I can always cut it off again!

Continuing with the rambling.....after Courtney's wedding this weekend we are going to a family wedding next weekend in Austin, then April's bachelorette party the following weekend then April's wedding. All this wedding talk makes me wanna get married!!! Gah, not for a LONG time!

Went to lunch with my Nanny today and my Grandpa caught me on the way out to give me my Nanny's anniversary present from him! 50 years! It is so cute, a gold James Avery Charm bracelet with: Best mom, best grandmother, a texas charm, aTm charm and a happy anniversary with the date engraved on the back. AWWW even after 50 years he still has a few tricks up his sleeve! Makes you melt doesn't it!

Ok almost done! I went out for Courtney's bachelorette party last weekend and I know we all promised April no penis stuff, but OMG she had a blinking penis ring and it was HYSTERICAL, no trashy, but very funny!!!! We were all amused so maybe we can convince April...maybe!!!

Ok that's all for now! Good job reading that, it is what it is like in my head at this very moment! If facebook returns to normal I will upload pictures ASAP!!!!


LOVE

1 comment:

Shivonne said...

oh weddings. i think the craziest thing about graduating/about to graduate college is how many people get married. it seems every day on facebook i see one of my old friends/school aquaintances/whatever with a wedding album uploaded. people you didn't even know were dating getting married. geeze. makes me think how far away from that point i am. anywho, i loved your update even if it was a bit rambling (kinda like this comment and most of my posts so i empathize). have fun with all your summer fun and wedding activities! love you girlie!