Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I know I know I'm a slacker

I love to stalk all of your blogs, but I never know what to write on here, my days are the same day to day. But here goes!

Last week: I am now qualified to give shots! To real, live people. Crazy I know, but o so exciting! Let me clarify. If I am with my instructor at the hospital I am able to dispense all medications including shots! Um, what else, I did well on my test I mentioned in my last blog. Not to brag, but seriously I think somehow I became smart again.

Weekend: Marcel's mom and sister came in for the weekend. Fun times, they wear me out though. They can shop all weekend and I always end up spending too much money. We were in search of dresses for her renewal of her vows in Hawaii. His sister and I ended up getting the same dress. It is hard to find cream dresses that aren't A) see through B)way dressy or C)look like something a grandma would wear. But we finally found these tube top bubble bottom dresses, pretty cute for the beach. We went to Trudy's for dinner on Friday and I tried to get his mom to order a Mexican Martini....no luck, but she tried mine! Miss enjoying those with your girls.

Monday and Tuesday: It is spring break here in Austin and the first day it rains. All day....good thing I felt like being lazy. No seriously if I didn't have laundry to do I would have not moved from the couch all day! Today so far I have done more of the same. I am thinking about packing since I will be heading to Dallas tomorrow.

The rest of the week: I will leave for Dallas tomorrow morning...as I mentioned. I will be getting a hair cut tomorrow. Nothing new just a much overdue trim. My mom sent me an email with what all is going on with my siblings for the rest of the week. Man they are busy. We have something to do every night. They have open house on Thursday night and they are so excited for me to meet their teachers. One of which is a year older than me. But I remember as a kid too how exciting it was to bring your parents to school and show off your stuff! Friday I am shopping with mommy, which is always fun. Maybe I will pull the whole mom I am broke, will you buy me something. I know shameful, but we have all done it!

I am trying to enjoy the break, because Sunday afternoon I will be headed to the hospital to prepare for my clinical on Monday. This semester is flying by, but I really want to take this week for all it is worth. I know the last part of the semester is where the whole Spring fever kicks in and I have to stay serious.

Wheww....guess I had more to say than I imagined. that is if you wanted to know all those lovely details.

PS Just for the record I now know 12....yes 12 people that are engaged. EVERYONE we went to high school seems to be ready to tie the knot. April I love you and you are in the group, you know how I feel. Every time I tell Marcel about someone's new status update and how they are engaged he kind of looks at me with a I'm sorry. I don't wanna get married now, but geez must be wedding fever! CRAZY!

Sorry for the rambling on! Have a great week!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

well im glad the semester is going pretty fast for you. but enjoy it while you can bc before you know it, it will all be over! im so jealous you get to go to hawaii!

i hope you have so much fun at home with your family! i miss drinking those mexican martinis with you, too!

p.s. im pretty sure i know around 20 or more people my age that are either already married or are engaged, so dont worry! im with you on that! marriage....ewww! freaks me out!

miss you and love you, girl!

L-Kat said...

i love knowing what you're up to, missy. i seriously think of you every time i watch scrubs.
and if you're in dallas you should stop by korshak! but i don't blame you if you don't...it's kind of annoying to go into dallas with their one way streets and tricky parking and what not.

mexican martinis. sigh.

and yes, everyone and their dog is getting engaged right now and it makes me want to bite off my own finger. however, april's wedding planning and ivy's soon-to-be engagedness does not bother me. i am totally ok with where i'm at with brady. it just looks so damn fun, though. boo.

love/miss.
ps. what is your phone number? me no havie.

Ivy said...

mexican martini!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


the good ole days.


miss yo heather! blog more! hope youre spring break is going awesome! loooove