Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hopefully it will be worth it!

April gave me this wonderful idea for the wedding several months ago. I figured if I had the time I would maybe give it a try! Well I have time now and I have begun, it takes FOREVER to fold the tissue paper and open into the flower. Not to mention make enough for one ball! However, I LOVE IT! I will continue making flowers indefinitely. And like I said HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE WORTH IT!
Today we ordered our invitations and blocked off rooms for wedding guests....which means-We finally have everything booked for the wedding! Next up is a couple's shower in Dallas on my dad's street-it will be a "tool" theme for all the Tools-ha cheesy I know, but it for my dad's friends and their wives and Marcel gets to register at Sears. He is excited. After the shower Marcel will be leaving for Las Vegas with 5 other guys for his bachelor party-yikes! I think they are going to have a blast and I have nothing to worry about. 2 are married-one of which has a pregnant wife and the others I have known forever! I just feel bad for the flight attendants on the plane with all 6 of them! O yeah and I get another dress fitting that week!

In April is another bridal shower-more traditional and bachelorette party with my bridesmaids of course! Then May will be finalizing the details and working my hiney off to be able to take off for our wedding and honeymoon! It is all going to be here before I know it and I can't wait!

This is definetely a do-it-yourself wedding!
Tissue balls to hang on the chairs down the isle, and tissue flowers for each table-so that makes 24 large flowers and approximately 10-15 flowers per ball with 10 balls at least makes-WAY TOO MANY FLOWERS!
I rolled all the silverware last time I was home-yeah all 200 of them
Centerpiece vases-mom and I will be putting the ribbon on them next time I am home
Family friend is making my veil
making a fun ribbon table overlay for the head table
sashes for Bridesmaid's dresses....

I feel like there is so much more....and I hope it all comes together!

We are just at 103 days to go! : )

No comments: