Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Recent Happenings!

Marcel graduated! YAY! It was so GREAT to have all of my family in town to celebrate. Early Saturday morning we went to his Dean's Honored Graduate brunch. It was quite the spread. Each graduate was given a certificate and was able to say a few words of thanks after being honored by the dean. It was pretty special!
Here is Marcel saying a few sweet things at the cermony



About to walk across stage!

Then we headed over to the big graduation for College of Natural Sciences. We sat on the floor in the front row in front of all the graduates. It was fun being able to see everyone walk across stage right in front of us. Not to mention I could make faces at Marcel the whole time while he sat on stage! HA.
Marce and I with his award!

John and Abby were so good during the ceremony!


The Wiley clan!



Mommy and Marcel

Look who came to support! Mrs. April Allen BUCK!!


After this we headed home for a quick change and went to RUDY's!! It was delicious. We got stuck there for about 2 hours because of an ABSOLUTE downpour! We had Marcel's boss, as well as Ed and April join the fun. That boy sure is loved! : )

For a while we had to decide if we were going to go to the big graduation. We had no idea if it woudl be rained out. It was raining, but they still had it. It was bittersweet for me, I was so happy for Marcel, but kept wishing I was in the crowd of graduates as well. I had a little pitty party for myself and then quickly got over it when my mom and Marcel reminded me my day would be soon enough this December!

Sunday we headed back to Dallas for Court's mom's funeral. It was beautiful. Court is doing so great. We had several meals with them and went and did things to get their mind off it. She is such a strong and spirited person. I am SO lucky to have her as a friend. I stayed in Dallas until Thursday hanging out with Court, but I soon realized she was taking this better than I had expected. She has such a good view on life and the big picture.

Back to Austin on Thursday. I worked through the weekend, blah...we went and had dinner with this lady from Marcel's lab that had a baby in March. He is super sweet and CUTE his name is Samuel and they call him Sammy! It was nice to get out and do something.

More work....

Last night we went to a show at MOMO's for a friend and past roomate of Marcel's Jake Rabin. He is the drummer in this band and they were really good. It was fun to see old friends, several were there that we haven't seen since high school. O memories!

Today I am running errands and going to try and make Jello shots....becauase tomorrow we are FLOATING the river!! Marcel's parents are in town again for a family friend's HS graduation and we are celebrating with them by floating the river. I love being able to have a good time with my soon to be family! : )

So that is what is going on with us. We are starting to house/ townhouse/ condo/ apt hunt in San Antonio. We really want a yard for Putter! Wish us luck! PS-Only a few more weeks until the wedding date that is tenative will be BOOKED!! I can't wait!

No comments: