Thursday, May 21, 2009

Still playing the waiting game...

So thus far we are still going to San Antonio for medical school. This is GREAT, but Marcel still has his heart set on Baylor. We only have a few more weeks until the deadline of June 15th, when everyone is set. He is starting to think San Antonio will be his home. There was some movement on the waitlist earlier this week due to students having to make their final decision on one school. On May 15th people were no longer able to hold more than one acceptance, so when some turned down their acceptance others on the waitlist got in. Marcel was hoping for a call, but has yet to receive one saying he made it in. San Antonio would be GREAT to live, it's safe and super cheap...and better yet super close to Austin for next semester when we are separate.

And better yet if we do end up going to San Antonio the wedding date will be May 30th, 2010. We put a hold on the date, but it could still change school depending....but it feels so good to be almost to the point of setting a date. Here is a quick look at the venue! We love it, it is out in the middle of nowhere!
I finished my sememster off great. I have to brag, because this is the first time EVER I have gotten a 4.0 in college and it feels SPECTACULAR. It is so satisfying to get the grades I worked so hard for, especially since this semester I have been looking forward to the whole time. This weekend Marcel graduates. I can't believe it. He has done so great! He was given the award of Dean's Honored Graduate, which is given to 18 students of 2000 out of natural sciences. He has an awards ceremony before graduation and he will sit on stage during graduation. I am so proud of him!! My family and his will be coming into town tomorrow. I think everyone is excited. I can't believe it is FINALLY here, he is graduating, which means only one more semester before I graduate. Where did four years go?!?!

This summer Marcel will continue to work in the research lab out of the kindness of his heart...for free, and also because he loves it, I will be working at the golf course just a few more months before I finally quit. Then in July I will be going off to Burnet, TX to work at Camp Longhorn as the camp nurse. There is a few of us in nursing school going, it counts as an externship and sounds like fun. This will be about the time Marcel is moving out so it will be good for me not to be sitting home alone. Erin will be moving in with use in a little less than a month, she will be taking over Marcel's part of the rent once he moves....I haven't lived with a girl in so long! HA!

I am kind of just spitting out thoughts as they come into my head. Last weekend I was home to visit my mom and to go to Courtney's graduation. I was so proud of her, she has been so busy lately, with student teaching, working and her mom being so sick. Speaking of, please pray for her mom, she was just taken off chemo this past week, there is nothing else they can do for her. It is so sad, and it is so hard for Court and her family. Be thinking of her. She updates her blog regularly about her mom's status, but it doesn't look good. Here she is at graduation with her husband Jamison.I will let you know how it goes this weekend, I hope you are all having a good week! I will keep you posted on Marcel's status!

No comments: