Marcel is doing great! He is working very hard in his research lab. He is there about 40-50 hours a week and is a TA for the guy he works for on Monday night. He has one class, so needless to say he is busy, but not with school stuff. I think he really enjoys the change of pace and he is ready to get started with his med school stuff. With that we have had more good news, nothing definite, but not rejection:
Texas Tech-accepted
UT Medical Branch in Galveston-alternate list
UT San Antonio-alternate list
UT Southwestern in Dallas-updated him that they still haven't made the list, but they would soon and then they would let him know
Baylor-he submitted a letter of interest and another recommendation letter from the director of the lab he works in-who happens to have worked at Baylor for 20 years! It was great, and when he called to check if they got it today the lady told him that he had drawn their attention to his application and it was moved to another set of applicants that they review more frequently than the regular applicants- we are keeping our fingers crossed as this is his first choice!
We will know for sure by June, but I am praying it is MUCH sooner, since we will have to apt shop and FINALLY set a wedding date. I realized the other day we have been engaged for 8 months! I am loving our long engagement, but can't wait to really start planning!
We are going home this weekend and staying for Spring Break! I am so excited-we haven't been home since Christmas so needless to say I miss my mommy! I am gonna look at some wedding venues with her and try my dress on with the petticoats I borrowed from my friend Kimmie, as well as these Super CUTE shoes I hope to wear! Hope they don't show when I walk! I wanted PINK shoes so I could wear them after the wedding, they are kinda high, but too cute not to buy!
Aren't they cute?!?! They were quite the splurge, but hey it's my wedding day and I had to have them, hope my feet don't hurt too bad..HA. My mom is not a huge fan, but she keeps saying it's my day and I can wear whatever I want. The only reason they would be a no go is if you can see them when I walk, pink shoes peeping out from the dress wouldn't be so good!School is going GREAT! I really enjoy nursing and I am getting excited about soon being able to get paid to do something I love! Miss Ivy, you are on my fridge and I smile every time I see it! I hope you all are having a lovely week, I am procrastinating instead of studying for my exam on Thursday! It's hard to study with Spring fever!
2 comments:
my shoes didn't bother me for hours..but at the end of the night my feet were absolutely destroyed. keep it in mind, and although i love the idea of wearing a fabulous shoe, maybe opt for flats?!?! blasphemous, i know :)
oh
em
gee
i LOVE the shoes. seriously. i have been searching searchign searching for the perfect shoes for me but still havnt found anything i love. i love these and i love the color too! I was thinking maybe a soft gold color for my shoes.. or something crazy.. like orange - haha! well done my dear!
and a flas IS blasphemous! beauty hurts!
im keeping my fingers crossed for baylor! :)
Post a Comment