Well not my literal home, but my nursing home. Today was the BEST day at the hospital for clinical! I have been waiting for that moment to fall in love with what I am doing and I had that "feeling" for the second time today! It's official I want to be a Labor and Delivery nurse when I graduate! I was on L & D a few weeks ago and apparently did really well according to the nurse I was with! She told me I did a great job and also told my instructor-BONUS! I bumped into this nurse in the hall last week and told her I would be back on L & D today and wanted to be with her again and she said that would be great! So at 645 this morning when we were getting our assignments my instructor goes...Heather, Morgan (the nurse) has requested that you be with her today! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!?!?! I was pumped. This nurse might be the sweetest person I have ever met and is a GREAT teacher! So I proceed with my day and our patient who is delivering her first baby (girl) and she is so excited. I had a great experience with the last delivery I was in on, so I was hoping I could do even more this time. At one point when I was taking a break I was talking to our teaching assistant and she was praising me on my great IV start and told me that she and Morgan had talked last week how they would both vouch for me if I wanted a job there when I graduated! I was so EXCITED...if only we were gonna live in Austin! But either way this is still great news!
OK....enough blabbing about my day! I was just so excited and I love being with patients that are so excited about this day...and apparently I do a good job at it!
On our living...well same situation! We are still going to Lubbock this far, but keeping our fingers crossed for other options! Marcel won the Natural Sciences Science fair- 1st prize, which had a $500 prize! Pretty exciting-extra money for the HONEYMOON! We are hopeful for more phone calls from other schools and he keeps adding to his application!
Wedding- we found a WONDERFUL venue...but like always now we just need a date! I have contacted numerous vendors and as soon as we get that date, I can book it all! I'm so excited! This is going to be such a big year for us!
Marcel graduates in 33 days! CRAZY! I can't believe we are to that point in our lives! He won't be moving until July so we get to spend the summer together! I will be at Camp Longhorn for 3 weeks in July as the camp nurse! It is like a paid summer internship, but not in the hospital...should be fun!
I suppose that is all the news I have! We are doing great, but looking forward to some big decisions getting made soon!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
science fair!? Tell Marcel congratulations! any lead runners in the honeymoon race? beach..snow? glad you're enjoying the hospital these days!
im so excited you found your home!!! you will beperfect at labor and delivery! what an amazing feeling it must be to be a part of the most important day in a mothers life!
and what?!!?!? lubbock? i didnt know!!!!! congrats! whit's still there... but not for long...
Post a Comment