Monday, November 10, 2008

Wedding Dress

So the last post ended badly and it only got worse. The lady ended up being fraudulent and she was kicked off ebay! Thank goodness I only put 110 into that dress including shipping, but I still have not received a refund...but that is all I was willing to lose in case this happened.

On a better note I have been emailing the designer of the dress since I found it, but apparently this whole time I have had the correct style number, but was missing the letters at the beginning of it which seems to be the key to finding this dress. So after much searching the lady I have been emailing found the dress, I had to send her pictures. YAY we found it, only to find out the dress I LOVE is from the Spring 2003 collection....SERIOUSLY is that possible? Well apparently it is no longer made and not carried by stores, but she agrees to look some more for me after I tell her I wanted it in white and what sizes I was willing to look at. A couple days later she responds with 5 dresses across the US....the top one is in Houston....Hooray....so I call...guess what....they don't have it anymore. So then I decide to call the shop in Arkansas because it is exactly the size I would need. I am thinking...what a long shot, it is probably used and ugh, but worth a try right?

Damn right it was worth a try. I FOUND IT!!! THE DRESS! It is all white, my size decent price and they agreed to ship it to me with a refund policy!!! I AM SO EXCITED!! I was heartbroken when I found out this dress was discontinued and April and I had started looking for more dresses hoping to find one that was, "almost like," the one I loved. Well now I don't have to settle I get THE ONE! The lady said that the dress is brand new and she has never seen it tried on! She was very honest and they told me they would have no problem with refunding my money if I was not happy with the quality because she knew I would approve! HOW great is that?!?!!?!? So it should be shipped tomorrow and hopefully be here by Thursday! It isn't the best way to buy a dress, but this will hopefully work out! I know it will.

When I found out the lady at the designer had found some dresses I talked to Marcel and was like what if it is full price 1500, he said well at this point I think you should just buy it, you deserve it, you have looked so hard for this dress. BUT thank god it was about half that! I really wanted to stick to my budget! And wedding dresses can get out of hand very quickly!

I will keep you all updated as to the status of my DRESS! I would post pictures...but that is a little risky, but I can send you an email or something if you would like!

Marcelly- No response from any of the schools yet. Baylor is actually the only school officially accepting people right now, but starting next week the other schools will start making offers! He is getting pretty ansy considering he has been done with interviews for a while now! Basically we want to get the ball rolling. He has been staying busy by working in a Neuro lab and has become quite the little scientist. He is in the lab ALL THE TIME. Last week I had to ask him to come home earlier than 7 or 8...and he isn't even getting paid. But he loves it and that is all that matters. He will be working in the same lab next spring and taking it for 9 credit hours...so he will only be taking one legit class...must be nice. His advisor loves him and letting him take the lab for grades instead of just hours...talk about a GPA booster! He also got a TA job. I am so proud of him, he is the first undergraduate TA hired by Natural Sciences. He will be assisting the boss of his lab in teaching a lab on Monday nights. It is actually the class (lab) he took last spring where he met his boss and he offered him a research position in the lab. What a little smarty pants! When he isn't doing lab nerdy stuff, he plays around on his new MAC and watches a ridiculous amount of football. Especially thanks to Courtney's husband that invited him to joing a Fantasy football league. GAH...I will be happy the weekend after Superbowl sunday!

ME- I finally feel like a nurse! The teachers all said at the beginning of the semester that at the end we would finally feel like a nurse. IT IS SO TRUE! We learn and practice so many skills. I have given I don't know how many shots, done blood draws, started IVs, given IV meds, and I just gave my first IM injection today (the really big needle that you get in the butt, or the top of your arm). It went really well! We take on two patients a week and provide all care for them! There is nothing that we are unable to do. The nurse is really just there to verify our charting and following us when we deliver meds and perform skills. But really I am providing total care for my patients. It is so gratifying to help someone out and when we are about to leave to have them tell me I did a great job! Ok enough rambling about nursing school!

Wedding news-we still have not set a date, but we are looking more towards March-over Marcel's spring break in 2010. It will be much cooler and not crazy wedding season, plus we really wanna make it official! We took our engagement pictures a couple weeks back and I have a few shots, but I am waiting for the complete disc to come in any day now! It was a friend of a friend that is an up and coming photographer! She is learning, but really has an eye and the price was right in our budget! Here is my favorite so far!
You should totally check her blog out at Paige Ann Newton She is really great!

I really can't think of anything else, the school year is winding down and I can't wait for the holiday season. Since I won't be going to the aTm on Thanksgiving Baylor might have been my last home football game as an undergrad-that is unless I buy tickets for next fall...but unlikely-I will be crazy busy! We are doing GREAT and I can't wait to see all your lovely faces soon!

Off to study!

3 comments:

Shivonne said...

oh heather i am SOOOO excited about your dress! what is it about the dress that is the be all end all? i don't know, but it certainly rings true. I love hearing continuous updates on the egagement, wedding plans, and medical school fronts. also, i love that you are enjoying nursing so much. that pic of you and marcy is so enduring. i'm glad that everything is moving along so well, and I can't wait to hear more soon. love you girlie!

Ivy said...

heather! i am so excited you got the dress! i love a girl who knows how to get what she wants AND stay in her budget! my kind of bride!
t and i working with a budget too - who in the world knew this wedding stuff gets so expensive. it is absolutley ridiculous. i will do anything to find a good deal!

marcel shouldnt worry! offers will start coming in soon. i know how hard it is to be on pins and needles waiting and waiting. but everything will work out how its supposed to!

you engagement picture is super cute! im glad you added a link to her blog, maybe shell travel to houston!! :)

good luck with th end of this crazy semester!

Unknown said...

superrrr exciting about the wedding dress! i still LOVVVE my wedding dress and it's been a year and a half since i wore, so im SUPER pumped that you got the exact one you wanted :)

and ps- im totally with you on the xmas decor...i would leave it up all the time if it wasn't considered super-strange :)