Thursday, October 23, 2008

Frustration

So two weeks ago I went home for the weekend of TX/OU which was GREAT! But this post is about wedding dress shopping with mom. We went to David's bridal...no luck. Then we went to this store in Dallas called Whatchamackalit...not kidding. I found my prom dress here. TONS of dresses, very unorganized, but you can dig and find GREAT stuff! So we go over to the wedding section...not by size, color, style or ANYTHING! So we start digging and we grab anything I might like. The lady tells us if it isn't discontinued she can order it in the color I want and size. So I finally start trying dresses on and the 2nd one is THE DRESS! It is like nothing I had ever tried on before...I had the "this is it," feeling! AND: It is champange, size 10-BLAH!!! So we eagerly ask...can we order in white smaller size...she calles the designer...IT IS DISCONTINUED!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO

So we write down the number and designer...like that will help. We go back to another store where I thought I liked another dress....doesn't even compare to the other one! So then mom takes me to Alfred Angelo and I try on dresses very similar to the one I love, but I keep comparing and saying...it is not it! We call the store back and she calls the designer and tells me that it has been discontinued for over a YEAR! CRAP! She tells me I can have that dress half off, which if it was white or ivory would have bought it, but it is UGLY champagne.


SOOO we go home, I am so upset at this time, not gonna get my dress and mom keeps telling me that we have lots of time to find another one and that we should look online. She starts looking on EBAY and what do we find! THE DRESS!!!! IVORY SIZE 6....OMG we can't believe it, like it is TOO good to be true. The auction closes the following Monday. We decide we don't want to spend too much b/c the seller had bad feedback and I don't want to risk losing too much money. So A week ago monday-the 13th my stepdad bid on the dress for me and we won!!! Drumrolll....for $61.00...NO JOKE. I am thrilled. It is a $1400 dollar dress and I LOVE IT! Great way to start the wedding planning right! So I pay...blah blah blah...and.....


Today is Thursday, Oct 23rd.....10 days from the auction and 7 days from when my payment cleared and NO DRESS....no email from seller....NO NOTHING....and I am going CRAZY to say the least!!! I have sent her numerous messages and emails and NOTHING!! Last I heard from her was on the 15th and she told me that she would put tracking on the package and to Enjoy the dress....I am thinking GREAT!! YEAH RIGHT....so now I am waiting like an idiot to see what happens. If I don't hear anything by monday....2 weeks from auction I am reporting her to EBAY .....she has my money and I have NOTHING! Everyone keeps saying o you will get a refund...but I WANT THE DRESS! I sound like Bridezilla, but ugh I love it! So anyways I will keep you posted on my delimma....if I don't go crazy first...hopefully it will all work out...but I am strarting to think it is all, "too good to be true," which makes me really sad, because at first I felt like it was meant to be. So that is my story...hopefully it has a happy ending!


Hope you are having a great week. Needed to vent so I can go study for my test tomorrow! Hopefully next time I post I will have a dress, but starting to think I won't...(sad face).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made a google account just for you! I agree with April. Total BS. Does this girl need some bridemaids to come to her house and knock some sense into her? I think so.

Ivy said...

oh no! what a hooker that ebay lady is!!! im so sorry! hope it comes! i hope it comes! and can i just say ...$61 - what an amazing deal. good thinking lookin on ebay - hopefully it comes soon!!!!