Monday, August 4, 2008

Nothing new in Austin

This is for you Ivy. I know I haven't written anything in a while, but all I have been doing is working and being lazy. I have finally taken to watching SATC. I am on season 3 and so far I love it, however it is pretty raunchy and I don't want to see Samantha or Miranda naked anymore! Work has been lovely....except for the sweltering heat. The members have been so nice and tipping pretty well. It is funny to see which ones notice that I have a ring on my finger and that I am engaged. Some are very nice and say congratulations and others are somewhat rude. I have gotten everything from you are too young, to that is the worst decision of your life...to the others that are so nice and say there must be a lot of boys with long faces now...these guys make me smile and I try to remember to be extra nice to them.

Had a little car trouble the weekend after Hawaii. July 12th my clutch basically went out. My stepdad could fix it, but it would take some time. He works full time so he could only work on it in the evening...and in the morning on the weekend because it is so hot in Dallas. Good news is he got it up and running again and saved us about 1000, considering the job required so much labor.

Marcel has his first interview for medical school this coming Thursday at aTm. It is actually his last choice school, but he is taking every interview as practice so that he is more comfortable for the big important ones he will hopefully receive soon! On Sunday he has an interview at UTSA medical school that is his 3rd from the last. I am going to college station with him for the first one to wish him luck and try and calm him down. Also on Marcel news....his birthday is in less than 2 WEEKS!! He is ALMOST 21!!! He is so excited and friends are coming in town and I can't wait to have everyone go out and celebrate! I keep telling him...NO PUKING!!

As far as wedding stuff, we are looking around, discussing things with our parents. We know the wedding will be the summer of 2010 and we want it to be a Saturday night and have the reception after with drinks and finger food. April has taken me dress shopping and I am actually liking simple dresses. For sure off the shoulder, but shhh don't tell Marcel we are keeping the whole thing a secret from him! Also he is going to plan the honeymoon as a SURPRISE!! Isn't that fun!

Ok, there is what is going on here in our neck of the woods. Enjoying the last days of summer before school starts yet again. Sadly I am ready for the routine again. I get so bored working and being lazy. Keep in touch and be thinking about my friend Courtney, her mom's cancer has spread to her eyes. It is treatable, but they were just over the hump of the last bad news and now this.

LOVE!

2 comments:

Ivy said...

mwaahahah! YES! thank you! i love it! keep posting sistah.

btw: oh em gee! i didnt know marcel was startign interviews already! please tell him i say good luck! i know hell be great!!

and ill be praying for courtneys family.

April said...

i KNEW there would be a post after Ivy got on to you yesterday!

i just pretend i'm hearing it all for the first time, it's still fun to read :)

PS- Does Courtney's mom like lollipops?