Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to school Butterflies....

or rather DINOSAURS. My stomach has been in knots all day. Tomorrow is the first day of class and I feel like it is the first day of college, not the first day of my first senior fall semester. I CAN'T believe that it is already my senior year. This is absolutely nuts. Everyone always said it would come up so fast....and you know what they were right. I am engaged....which means I am getting married soon and I am a senior at UT.....and most of all after I graduate I will be a nurse an RN. GEEZ talk about butterflies.

YES, yes I know, I have known all of this for some time, but it is all sinking in. I am so glad that I am finally in nursing school and doing well. Except for the blip in the radar last spring. Maybe that is why I am so nervous about school....shots...eek. My hands shake like the first time you get into a wreck, or get horrible news...or like when your boyfriend is trying to put a ring on your finger...like full on rattling. I am horribly nervous most of the time when I am at the hospital, but now I must overcome this hurdle. I CAN DO IT! I am so scared...like really bad. Everyone keeps telling me I will be okay, take deep breaths...but can I? Not to mention my first class is skills....and what is on the agenda for tomorrow.....reviewing last semester....AKA practice giving shots. I CAN DO IT. I just wish my first class was a tad bit nicer...like the lectures I have on Thursday and Friday. Maybe this is just a way to get me over the hump. Can you tell I have been thinking about this a lot?

Ok, enough about that. Back to the fact that I am senior. Where did the time go? Marcel is now talking about how he wished he had been able to graduate this semester and just work in the lab next semester...where I am glad that I still have 3 semesters left. I don't wanna grow up...not yet. He is well on his way to medical school....ready for his next endeavor...and I want to stay in mine right now! Also I am scared because this time next year I will be on my own. Not on my own alone.....but Marcel will be in a different city than me...which I know all of you have done...but I have not. I am SCARED! It will also be OKAY!!

I could keep going on about how I am feeling...but nah I will be okay.....I just worry a lot!

GOOD news...MARCEL IS 21! It is so exciting to both be able to order drinks at restaurants. My mommy and I are going wedding dress shopping when I go home in September. Not to buy...just to look at this lovely dress April and I found...I LOVE IT! Holy CRAP I am getting married...well not for like a year and half...but still....that is so crazy. I am still in the whole oooo I am engaged...but then I start to think and that means marriage. WOW!

O yeah, two weeks from tomorrow...I turn old...22...where did last year go?

OK, if you made it through my thoughts...good job. I am gonna walk the dog...with her scratching and all and then head off to bed. I am a college senior....who is engaged and terrified of giving shots. I CAN DO THIS!!

Goodnight!

3 comments:

April said...

haha your summarizing paragraph made me laugh out loud. you know you'll be fine, just have to make it through those first day jitters! i hope it all went well today!!

ps- being engaged is fun, you're always the cute engaged couple. then you're the boring married couple. stay engaged forever.

jk.

Ivy said...

you can do it! :) im sure your first week back was great!

youve totally got this! :)

Shivonne said...

YOU CAN DO IT! i can totally sympathize with your obsessing, over analyzing ways (I tend to do that on some things), but I promise you'll be fine. you just have to trust yourself and get past your mind blocks. good news-you've got a whole slew of supporters on your side and we believe in you even when it's hard to believe in yourself. good luck lady!