We are ENGAGED!!!! Not that you didn't all know about this, but I figured it was a big enough event to blog about. Before I go into that, I had another blood test came back negative....so in Marcel's words, " I am not contaminated!" YAY....we got the results back while we were in Hawaii and he says that he is glad he doesn't have to marry someone that is toxic, contaminated, diseased....what are the other words he used?
Man do I have a story to tell about our engagement. So apparently EVERYONE knew except me....sorry Ivy, Laura, Whitney and Shivonne, Marcel wouldn't fill you in because you kept saying oooo it will be in Hawaii and he was like I really can't tell them now! But, April knew, Erin, my friend Courtney, my WHOLE family, including everyone at the 50th anniversary party....geez I am oblivious! He has had the ring since March 21st....I was clueless!
He filled me in with all the details and he was so sneaky and I love it! He made a new email account, had me going every time I mentioned a ring....He did a great job. I really was NOT expecting it!
The first night we got there we were very tired...and we were eating dinner and Marcel said I want to finish watching There will be blood tonight and then Emily (Marcel's sister) says I wanna see that movie blood diamond because of what Cubbie's dad said about your engagement ring. I went blank, she looking like she was gonna cry and I didn't even look at Marcel. It was really bad. At this point I am thinking OMG OMG is he proposing in Hawaii....what am I gonna do...his sister just ruined it....he is gonna kill her. She tried to fix it, she said she felt bad...but I knew she was upset and crying. I could tell Marcel was livid...he didn't eat and wouldn't talk to anyone. That night ended badly, but I didn't mention anything because I didn't want to cause anymore problems. The next morning Marcel woke up happy...so me the thinker thinks.....maybe him and his dad were just looking or maybe they had discussed a ring before the vacation...there is no way he is proposing this early....so in a way i fixed it for him. I decided that I wasn't going to ask about anything until after Hawaii and look to my surprise what happens....read the following.....
Now for the fun part...the second day in Kaua'i we were hanging around at the hotel beach and that morning Marcel asked me if later in the day I would go by the rocks off to the side to go look....the waves crashed over there more than on the beach...I agreed. Before lunch I asked him to take my wallet and phone to the room, because I didn't want it sitting on the beach while we were at the pool. So he went up to the room...and apparently got the ring. So after lunch he goes lets go to the rocks...ok I say. We start walking over there and I turned around thinking I wonder if his mom is behind us...I didn't see her...so we kept walking. Mind you I am in the swim suit going up my butt....that HUGE hat and we are going over these little rocks that are very slippery...I had to peee and I kept whining....what's new. He says keep going we are almost there! Ok...I agree...at this point I see him with his hand in his pocket and I am like hmmm....OMG!!! We get to the point he wanted to go under the tree, off by ourselves and he is grinning and says, "So do you still wanna get married in two years?" I said yes and he goes I guess you only need one thing....at this point I started saying no no no....and started bawling as he got down on his knee and said, " I love you more and more everyday...will you marry me?" At this point I am sobbing with my hands over my mouth and I can't speak so I say UH HUH....mind you I said the same thing when he FIRST asked me out because I was half asleep. How romantic I know! We then hugged and went to take more pictures!
He then filled in with the details and told me how he was working so hard behind my back. I then found out that the night before we left for Hawaii his family and his friend's family went to dinner and he took my ring to show them...and this guy's dad asked if it was a blood diamond...and his sister mentioned it a couple days later not even thinking about it. I am not mad....I wish it hadn't happened, but it will give us a story to tell for the rest of our lives. We gave her a hard time, but she knew for so long and then to slip a couple days before. You should also know that the first full day on Kaua'i we went beach hopping and the last beach was said to have the best sunset, little did I know Marcel had the ring that whole day and wanted to pop the question at sunset, but when his parent's asked what we wanted to do around 5 at this beach I say ehhh I am ready to go back to the hotel and shower....man did I screw things up...hahaha.
Sorry to keep rambling....it is a great story. We are happy now and I am so glad he doesn't have to stress about not slipping anymore. It is a beautiful ring...it sparkles sooooo much, which is the only thing I asked for and I think everything ended up perfect. I can't wait to see you all and show you and tell you even more details. Love, have a great week!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i love you guys! so much for april not being able to keep a secret!
OH MY GAH! had no idea. i feel so out of the loop. GEEZE! CONGRATULATIONS! i'm so happy for you guys! what a cute story...and kudos to marcel for being so sneaky. i can't wait to see the ring, but even more i can't wait to see you. yay!
Post a Comment