So this is week two of school, and I was worried about nothing. I will be fine. Today in skills lab we learned how to do IVs....I know one week back and they really throw you back in there. Classes seem much more manageable this semester...maybe I just have more confidence! So on the school section of my life....all is well!
Marcel leaves tomorrow night for his third interview.....drumroll...but this is the BIG one...BAYLOR. The actual interview is on Friday....and he will be staying with his friend Jacob that is already in medical school there! He had to move his Texas Tech interview to October because his Biochemistry professor won't let him make up the first test which he would have missed with his earlier interview date. So he moved the flight and is all good now...stupid professor.
This past weekend was a blast. Marcel's fam came into town and we went to the game on Saturday...it was SO hot!! Then on Sunday we floated the river....which I may have had a little too much to drink...but hey that is half the fun! They headed home on Monday, made the weekend go by much to quickly.
On another note....Courtney called today and her mom's cancer has spread a lot onto her liver and in a lymph node that is blocking a lung...so she is basically breathing with one lung right now. She starts radiation on her chest to knock out that lymph node and also chemo to keep fighting. I never know what to say to Court...I just listen and tell her I couldn't imagine what she is going through. She always tells me she would rather me be honest than act like I know what she feels like. I always hope I don't say the wrong thing. She is being so strong and she is starting to really realize what all this means.
Again sorry about complaining last blog...I will be okay...22 isn't so bad right? One more week of 21. Other than that nothing really going on in Austin, TX. Following my birthday will be Marcel and my 6th anniversary and we are going to the Melting pot!! So excited!!! I hope everyone is having a good week...PS-can anyone believe it is already September?!? O and the dog is CRAZY itchy still...it is kinda pathetic. She will be mid sniffing in the grass and stops to scratch....should I get a doggy allergy test? O and Marcel's mom bought her a much needed rain coat...it's yellow with ducks!! Pictures soon to come!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i hope marcels interview went realy well! i want you to move houston!! :) and i hope you have a wonderful, amazing, super fun and great birthday! :)
Post a Comment