Monday, September 28, 2009

Busy Week

Thought I would give a quick update on my busy life. I constantly feel like my plate could not be any more full. Then I talk to Marcel who is loaded down with school and I realize I don't have it so bad! I am enjoying my last semester which is half over by the way in nursing world. I finish class the last week of October, then I do Capstone for 4 weeks! I have been madly hunting for jobs, I have applied for 4 jobs at 2 locations, hopefully I will get a call back about interviewing soon!

Quick side note: I had someone from camp put a good word in for me at Methodist in SA for the L&D unit. I got an email back this week that said they aren't hiring right now, but that may change and that she heard a lot of great things and hope they can hire me! HOORAY! Then......this past Friday I was in SA with Marcel and his friends in med school all rotate doing dinners. Most of the time it is kids with parents that live in SA and provide food for everyone. Well this past week it was just that, there is this on girl in his class that had us all over and her mom is an OBGYN that rotates at Methodist. She was SUPER excited to meet me as she was a nurse for 10 yrs before med school! She talked to me FOREVER and at the end of the night wanted to make sure she had my first and last name so she could also put a good word in for me! I just HOPE that two good words means possible job for me! I would be so lucky!

Wedding plans are on the back burner, which is a nice change! I like focusing on other life decisions, it makes me feel more balanced. Wedding planning will switch into high gear come Spring!

Football season is wonderful. Marcel made a visit for the TECH game! Our seats ROCK 9th row 30 yard line! I can't wait to see where our OU seats are!

No zoom necessary!

This weekend I am headed home to see Mary Poppins Musical as a Bday gift from the Wiley family! It was my FAV movie growing up so I can't wait!

1 comment:

Ivy said...

sounds like youre having a wonderful time! good luck with the job search!