Thursday, February 14, 2008

I WILL NOT GET SICK!!!! I WILL NOT GET SICK!!

I know this is silly, but I am actually terrified of getting sick! This is one reason April and I have not visited lately and o yeah we are lame too! But now I am headed home this weekend and my stepdad is sick with the FLU!!! AHH, I told my mom to disinfect the house!

If I get sick I will get sent home from class. Nursing school sometimes is a lot like elementary school. They send you home when you are sick (this may be because about 240 of us are all in the same building everyday of every week), they tell you how and when to do work. They basically yell at you to get more sleep, wash your hands. O yeah we usually all arrive at school at the same time and go home at the same time too! Did I mention how often I pack my lunch now...yet another flashback!

No but really if I should "get sick" I am pretty sure I will cry! I will miss all my classes because my teacher sent me home, then I will have loads of work to do! Not only would I have to make up all the stuff I missed, oooo yeah there is more. Since I will have a title after I graduate, the nursing school has required hours. If you miss class you have to do an activity to make up these hours, plus prove you understand the content of what was covered. Gross. See it really is like elementary school in a lot of ways! This must be why they take attendance in every class I am in!

Okay, now you understand my "craziness" as Marcel calls it! On another note this week I have already had two tests, I have one more to go then I am home free! I really have to look at my life on a day to day basis or I would STRESS OUT! But as April said I must calm myself down. O yeah they teach you that too in Nursing school....we should all be meditating and doing yoga and relaxing things like that! It activates our "internal pharmacy" to heal ourselves....Hmm now that I will have to consider.

Since Whitney talks about Eli I will mention that Putter is a furry beast right now. Schnauzers must be groomed and well she hasn't in a while....it is cold. But this weekend she goes to the beauty shop to resume her lovely self. And OMG I have puppy fever. There are at least 3 new puppies in our complex (in our courtyard area). A golden retriever, chocolate lab and a weenie dog. Not to mention I doggy sat Erin's little Schnauzer the other day! Putter had so much fun, but man was I worn out....maybe I don't have puppy fever. I forget how much work they are...even though their cuteness makes it worth it! Okay okay I am NOT getting another dog....at least not yet anyways!

Update on Marcel-sounds like a news headline! He is doing well, studying and playing video games like normal. He is starting to get nervous, because he will turn in his medical school applications in June. I know forever away, but he plans like this...he is a nerd I know and love it! He is taking such good care of me right now while I organize my life. Like walking the dog and doing lost of nice housework! so yes gold star for the boyfriend. We do however celebrate Valentine's day, but not silly, just dinner and cards. At least this year, but we aren't celebrating until next Monday....lame, but looking forward to it.

Okay, Okay I will stop rambling. But I would love to see any of you soon! I live at the nursing school or home so catch me either place...haha. O and now that I have all your addresses you should know I am a definite mail sender! I have fun cards and everything....once again another reason Marcel calls me crazy! I sure do hope this is an endearing term!

Happy Valentine's day!!! I am still organizing my life, will let you know when something new and outrageous happens on this end of the world/Texas!


LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

first of all....giiiiirl, why are you up writing this at 5:53 am???!!! you are crazy! but i love you and miss you. i am so glad to hear that you are doing so well and loving nursing school. it sounds so great. i am so happy that you are enjoying it so much. that must be a nice change. i know you will do amazing!! it sounds like things are going well back in austin...im so jealous!! tell putter and marcel hi for me! hope to be able to see y'all soon!! oh and i hope you dont get sick, too!! much love!

Ivy said...

haha i noticed the time too. are you nuts?

and i definately think "crazy" is a term of endearment! :)

you are definately going to be a great nurse! and about having nerdy boyfriends - its the best thing in the world huh? they can help you with any and every thing!

tell marcel the monkey i said YO!

April said...

nooo more dogs! putter is enough! and if you think we never see each other now, just wait til you get a puppy that can't handle being put in a cage for an extended period of time! no more outings for you!

i hope you're staying healthy this weekend!

L-Kat said...

i think i'm coming to austin next weekend so i'll for sure see you and april! i'm glad you love school :) every time i watch scrubs i think of you and how lucky you are that you get to work in a hospital. love!