I officially finished my first two weeks of nursing school! I LOVE IT! It is so refreshing for teachers to learn your names and to get to know people that you have class with everyday. It is like a whole different world, and everyone in it has the same goals as you do. I am not gonna lie it is a lot of work and I am so busy, but it is not hard and I enjoy doing it. Never thought I would say that so openly without being called a nerd, but I really do enjoy doing the work. As it should it interests me so much and I continue to want to know more.
Can I just say also that all of my family is so excited for me and they listen to me ramble on about what I learned that day as if they are interested....hopefully they are.
But you know only I can get excited about learning why old people start to lose their hearing and their eye sight. Just an update if you don't already know this you should all be wearing sunglasses. It will later help you to prevent from getting cataracts. Which if you didn't know or were interested make your eyes do this:
In reference to Ivy's life goal of wearing scrubs, yes it is so nice to wear them. I do this every Monday, Thursday, and Friday. Can I just tell you that you learn a lot about someone by the color of their scrubs. If you were wondering I have hot pink (yes I know, obnoxious but I had to) teal blue and yes black. On Mondays I have to wear our uniform scrubs which are burnt orange bottoms with a rather unattractive white top. Pictures to come soon. It is pretty funny, Marcel does laugh at me, especially because my shoes are as white as my scrub top.
Sorry to ramble, but I am just doing great and I wanted all of you to know, that next time I see you I will be more knowledgeable and maybe can give you some more instructions as to how to stay young. O yeah reminds me my teacher told us about her grandmother that had drooping eyelids, which actually impairs your vision, had a face lift to improve this problem. And at the same time she got a tummy tuck because she always wanted one. And for the kicker she is 82! Hopefully we will all be filled with that much youth someday!
So this weekend should be exciting, I get to see some of you ladies and I have to prepare myself for the first day at the nursing home on Monday! They throw you right in from the start. I already know how to:
Can I just say also that all of my family is so excited for me and they listen to me ramble on about what I learned that day as if they are interested....hopefully they are.
But you know only I can get excited about learning why old people start to lose their hearing and their eye sight. Just an update if you don't already know this you should all be wearing sunglasses. It will later help you to prevent from getting cataracts. Which if you didn't know or were interested make your eyes do this:
- your lens in your eye becomes more opaque
- could eventually lead to blindness
- makes your vision incredibly blurry! Like you are in a cloud.
In reference to Ivy's life goal of wearing scrubs, yes it is so nice to wear them. I do this every Monday, Thursday, and Friday. Can I just tell you that you learn a lot about someone by the color of their scrubs. If you were wondering I have hot pink (yes I know, obnoxious but I had to) teal blue and yes black. On Mondays I have to wear our uniform scrubs which are burnt orange bottoms with a rather unattractive white top. Pictures to come soon. It is pretty funny, Marcel does laugh at me, especially because my shoes are as white as my scrub top.
Sorry to ramble, but I am just doing great and I wanted all of you to know, that next time I see you I will be more knowledgeable and maybe can give you some more instructions as to how to stay young. O yeah reminds me my teacher told us about her grandmother that had drooping eyelids, which actually impairs your vision, had a face lift to improve this problem. And at the same time she got a tummy tuck because she always wanted one. And for the kicker she is 82! Hopefully we will all be filled with that much youth someday!
So this weekend should be exciting, I get to see some of you ladies and I have to prepare myself for the first day at the nursing home on Monday! They throw you right in from the start. I already know how to:
- move you up and out of bed
- roll you to different positions to make you comfortable
- how to give you oxygen through nasal cannula which is the thing that goes up your nose
- take your health/mental/nutritional status
- tie you down in bed or in your chair
- put on gloves/mask/gown/ and eye wear so I look like a Martian
3 comments:
i changed my thing to ivyjanitxza.blogspot.com so you have to change the link in your profile yo.
i'm so proud of my nursing heather! i KNEW there was a good reason that i wear those ridiculously huge sunglasses- to protect myself from cataracts! i hope everything in austin is great and that marcel and putter are doing well... love you!
i love it! keep telling us things that you learn so that we can be healthy. i have the flu right now...so i'm ALL about staying healthy from now on. it was so great to see y'all this weekend. love you lots!
Post a Comment